[Ambassadors] Ambassadors places in new Working Groups

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 16:46:48 UTC 2013

Nobrakal píše v Ne 27. 10. 2013 v 10:32 +0100:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for the double-post, but I think it's necessary.
>
> Recently, some Working Groups has been created [1]. In the most of
> case (except in the Server WG with Truong Anh. Tuan), we don't have
> any representant of the ambassador group.
> I exaggerate, because some developers are ambassadors (like C.
> Wickert, H. Guémar...), but they are in these groups primary for their
> skills in programming. I don't say "they are bad ambassadors", but I
> think developper task + ambassador reprensentant task are too much for
> one person.
> I think it's a great idea to strengthens the links between ambassadors
> and WG. The ambassador is an important link between users and
> developpers, on my mind, he must be in these groups.
>
> Alexandre, Fedora User and Ambassador

I think most of what I was going to say have already been said by
others. But let me add something more:
I don't think that working groups should include representatives of all
stakeholders. They have been established to gather technical
stakeholders and to serve as a little FESCo for that particular product.
As we don't have representatives of ambassadors or marketing team in
FESCo we should not have them in the working groups either.

That doesn't mean we should not care at all. We can always watch their
decisions and provide feedback from the user base. But that doesn't
require us to be members of the working groups.

We happen to have representatives there anyway because many ambassadors
contribute to Fedora Project in other ways, too. And that's what I find
amazing and we definitely encourage ambassadors to participate in other
parts of the Project.

Jiri