[fedora-arm] Fedora 16

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Wed Oct 26 17:34:01 UTC 2011

Right.

My concerns still are we need to make sure the current patches are
getting upstream to f16+ and rawhide.

I hate to see time wasted trying to track down already fixed bugs.
There are other people working on ARM support ie Ubuntu, and upgraded
versions of the software may actually fix some issues.  (yes there
still will be issues.)

Given the decision has been made to forgo the F16 release.

Can we get away with taking a snapshot of the F15 base and F15 Updates
trees, and merge them and call that F15 base?

All the work that was done for F14 is really all in F16. It may not
appear in F15 base, but may appear in F15 updates. Depending on
when/if the patches were applied.

Or is this not the case?

Quoting Jonathan Masters <jcm at redhat.com>:

> Plan was to release a good enough F15 but absolutely to do some kind
> of release (just cap when we will move on to keep momentum - a
> couple more weeks and we need to be focused on rawhide). It's F16 we
> are wanting to skip in order to focus on rawhide by the new year.
>
> --
> Sent from my phone - message formatted and/or shortened accordingly.

"The information in this email, and attachment(s) thereto, is strictly
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the named recipient(s), and access to this e-mail, or any
attachment(s) thereto, by anyone else is unauthorized. Violations
hereof may result in legal actions. Any attachment(s) to this e-mail
have been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus-checker and procedures. If you contact us by e-mail, we will
store your name and address to facilitate communications in the matter
concerned. If you do not consent to us storing your name and address
for above stated purpose, please notify the sender promptly. Also, if
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender by
replying to this transmission, and delete the e-mail, its
attachment(s), and any copies of it without, disclosing it."