[fedora-arm] Anyone Out There Willing To Test A GUI Version Of Anaconda For Me?

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Mon Apr 9 02:00:03 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-08 at 23:47 +0000, Jon Chiappetta wrote:
> Can someone with a spare F17 (ARMv5 or ARMv7) machine, a network
> connection, and some sort of GUI capability try installing this
> package of Anaconda?
> I can't promise any of this will work or even run but I'd be
> interested in hearing any success or failure test runs/cases.
> The only system I could run this on at work is a Guru with F17 ARMv5
> in text-mode which Anaconda sets to not show the package selection
> screen/part.

Jon,

You should be able to run this in VNC mode on any box. See (for example)
http://dcantrel.fedorapeople.org/doc/vnc/VNC_Whitepaper-vnc-modes-in-anaconda.html for notes on using Anaconda with VNC.

(Please avoid posting links to Koji scratch builds -- they expire in
days, while your messages live on in the e-mail archives for a long
time. It's better to put the files in a web-accessible personal
directory somewhere instead).

-Chris