Empowering Fedora sub-communities

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 02:59:19 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 10:06 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> (Breaking this out from the ticket paste)
>
> How about if we decouple Fedora-the-product and Fedora-the-community?

How about we stop trying to turn Fedora into Ubuntu until we have
replaced our Red Hat overlord with one called Canonical and decouple Red
Hat's personal interest designing and defining it's RHEL 8 with it's
.next and wg vision from the project and just force it to drive this
vision internally or release those products under the CentOS brand as
technology previews for upcoming Red Hat releases because the fact is
this vision of theirs is being design and driven entirely wrong from the
ground up and will never work as they are in a community driven
distribution anyway.

They can hosts as many sessions as they can in devconf, they can take
all the keynotes and best slots at flock, they can design a whole
magazine to brainwash the community and general public but in the end of
the day none and I mean none of the key ingredients necessary to make
multiple products work are in the soup from the .next and wg chefs which
is leaving the community and the project in whole with recipe for disaster.

JBG