Other cloud providers - Fedora on things other than EC2 + marketing

Renich Bon Ciric renich at woralelandia.com
Fri Nov 5 05:14:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Robyn Bergeron <robyn.bergeron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> rackerhacker (who, for the record, is a Rackspace employee, as well as
> a Fedora fan :D) pinged me on IRC and talked to a few other people as
> well about the idea of marketing not just Fedora on EC2, but also
> Fedora on $otherproviders as well.  I think we all can agree that
> while getting things up on EC2 (thanks, Justin!!) was an important
> first step, but there are obviously other providers out there as well,
> including some that already have F14 available for their customers -
> and it's certainly a place where we can benefit from advertising as
> well.

Well, the day Fedora 14 arrived, I uploaded the netinstall image to
CloudSigma. Since they use KVM/Qemu, it was nothing to install it.

One other nice thing is that they allow image shaing. So I shared the
netinstall and categorized it accordingly. I, also, pointed the users
(in the description section) to read the docs.fedoraproject.org
install guide.