Last week's really late Cloud SIG meeting minutes

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 12:58:16 UTC 2011

Sorry about the belatedness on notes - was in Ohio for Ohio Linux Fest,
watching Build a Cloud Day (while running the meeting), so that I can
actually know what I'm talking about on occasion. :D

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-09-09/cloud_sig.2011-09-09-18.59.html
Full Logs here:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-09-09/cloud_sig.2011-09-09-18.59.log.html

==========================
#fedora-meeting: Cloud SIG
==========================

Meeting started by rbergeron at 18:59:43 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-09-09/cloud_sig.2011-09-09-18.59.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Who's here?  (rbergeron, 19:00:01)

* EC2  (rbergeron, 19:01:04)
   * bz 718722 needs more info  (rbergeron, 19:03:06)
   * ACTION: dgilmore is going to upload/test ec2 images  (rbergeron,
     19:14:37)
   * systemd needs fixing - defaults to graphiccal.target which doesn't
     work right if you don't have x installed, causes boot to hang
     (rbergeron, 19:17:04)
   * We shall proceed ahead and fix things as we find them :)
     (rbergeron, 19:29:55)

* Aeolus  (rbergeron, 19:31:16)
   * latest aeolus is in f-16, will be the one that goes into beta.
     (rbergeron, 19:32:00)
   * LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOkfK89CEyE   (rbergeron,
     19:33:28)
   * Nice video on workload manipulation using aeolus  (rbergeron,
     19:33:49)
   * a few pkg dep problems for conductor-devel that they're working
     through, but won't kill beta if they aren't available  (rbergeron,
     19:34:08)
   * f-16 aeolus will still be using condor, condor replacement still has
     2 outstanding issues  (rbergeron, 19:36:57)

* HekaFS  (rbergeron, 19:38:09)
   * patches going upstream, not much to report in hekaFSland.
     (rbergeron, 19:39:29)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SimpleHekaFS   (kkeithley,
     19:40:51)
   * kkeithley working on a document for usage of HekaFS  (rbergeron,
     19:41:09)
   * Has been pushed to the wiki  (rbergeron, 19:41:25)
   * gluster 3.2.3 is in the f16 repo  (rbergeron, 19:41:59)
   * latest hekafs rpm (0.7-11) should be out in another day  (rbergeron,
     19:42:25)

* OpenStack  (rbergeron, 19:42:46)
   * See openstack status mail to cloud-sig list  (rbergeron, 19:46:27)
   * LINK:
     http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/cloud/2011-September/000813.html
     (rbergeron, 19:46:37)
   * tempo and nova-adminclient are nice packaging tasks available rigth
     now for those interested in helping  (rbergeron, 19:47:01)
   * ACTION: mdomsch to apply markmc's keystone packaging patches
     (rbergeron, 19:47:12)
   * karma for packages in updates-testing please :)  (rbergeron,
     19:49:19)
   * ACTION: rbergeron to get us a cloud test day reserved  (rbergeron,
     19:52:09)

* Any other business?  (rbergeron, 19:56:43)

Meeting ended at 19:59:55 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* dgilmore is going to upload/test ec2 images
* mdomsch to apply markmc's keystone packaging patches
* rbergeron to get us a cloud test day reserved

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* dgilmore
   * dgilmore is going to upload/test ec2 images
* markmc
   * mdomsch to apply markmc's keystone packaging patches
* mdomsch
   * mdomsch to apply markmc's keystone packaging patches
* rbergeron
   * rbergeron to get us a cloud test day reserved
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------