Fresh AMIs (official Fedora acct, min vol size)

Dusty Mabe dusty at dustymabe.com
Tue Feb 3 15:19:09 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 11:00:27PM -0500, David Gay wrote:
> Hello, cloud friends.
>
> I've attached a signed list of fresh AMIs for the images we provide through [1]. If no one sees any problems here, we could ask someone from the web team to update that page with these new AMIs.
>
> Notables:
>
> - These AMIs were registered on the *official* Fedora AWS account, to which few people (to my knowledge) have access
>   - The AMIs currently listed on [1] were registered with the less-locked-down community cloud account

A few questions/comments:

- Do these images include updates? I think our AMI release cadence should
  mirror our release schedule for the xz/qcow2 images.
- The image that shows up for US East (N. Virginia) when you click on Base
  Cloud is ami-164cd77e but the launch hyperlink [1] points to ami-fa3dbf92.

[1] - https://redirect.fedoraproject.org/console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/v2/home?region=us-east-1#LaunchInstanceWizard:ami=ami-fa3dbf92