Live Fedora start page proposal

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Aug 28 22:37:03 UTC 2007

Στις 28-08-2007, ημέρα Τρι, και ώρα 11:00 -0400, ο/η seth vidal έγραψε:
> On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 10:53 -0400, Donald Fischer wrote:
> > Not done yet, but there is minimal text to be translated on the start
> > page itself and the third party search services that we'd build on are
> > widely internationalized.  We'd use the regular Fedora documentation
> > i18n workflow for the necessary translations, I suppose.
>
> okay - not sure how this fits in with the translation freeze, though.

The string freeze for F8 was today, so shipped translatable resources
should be finalized in a VCS by... today.

The content for the offline browser start page (/cvs/docs/homepage)
should be decided ASAP and a notification sent to fedora-trans-list.
Start.fpo translations can happen incrementally, but having its content
finalized and available early on would be a good thing.

+1 for using the homepage as a gateway to useful information -- that was
our purpose when we decided to put content on it. Let's just make sure
that some offline content will be available for people with low network
accessibility. Installing Fedora on a laptop and having the browser show
nothing because the wireless hasn't been setup yet, won't make a good
first impression.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos