Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 16 17:43:31 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 16.12.2010, 09:39 -0500 schrieb Paul W. Frields:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 01:13:37AM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 06.12.2010, 15:26 -0500 schrieb Tom Callaway:
> >
> > > - The Board suggests that it may have done a poor job communicating the
> > > decided target audience.
> >
> > BTW: Did the board come up with a definition? I can't find anything in
> > the wiki. Is there anything beyond the 4 bullet points Paul mentioned in
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-October/msg00350.html
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base
>
> ...as was referenced in numerous Board meeting minutes over several
> months during the process of exploring those points further.  It's
> also linked from our overview, vision, foundations, and objectives.

Thanks Paul,

now I understand why I did not find it. During the discussions the term
"target audience" was used, now it is described as "user base". To me
these are not synonymous. I think target audience is what we strive for
while user base is what we have. And IMHO our user base is very much
different from what the board described.

Regards,
Christoph