Fedora naming proposal based on Periodic Table of Elements

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:21:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I created and came up with the majority of the suggestions on the
> theming process wiki page:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Suggestions_for_Fedora_Codename_Theme
>
> I have been waiting for months for the board to set up an election for
> this as asked for. We got one election which was poorly put together and
> led to no solid conclusions since there were only two options, not the
> three that had been asked for: "Keep a codename" vs "Don't keep a
> codename" instead of "Keep the process as-is", "Get a better one", "No
> codenames."

The results of a three-way range voting question are likely not
informative about even the basic question of whether to keep names at
all. I think rather than waiting for another election (which to my
knowledge hasn't been considered at all) we should fix a time and have
the board just vote on concrete proposals.

> We're not simply whining about it, a bunch of us have been putting
> together these suggestions and looking to the board for guidance for
> quite some time now.

I agree. You did your part and then watched that work just sit there.
I don't know what to do with it now aside from what I suggested above.

John