a fedora council blog?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Apr 17 14:54:56 UTC 2015

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 20:15:56 -0400
Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 05:13:22PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > > This makes sense to me, but contradicts what Paul said. :)
> > Hum, I don't see what he said in this thread. Or was it somewhere
> > else?
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2015-March/017176.html

Ah, ok.

One thing to note is that back when we had wordpress in fedora
infrastructure, it was back when they had a special 'wordpress-mu'
branch for multiuser stuff. This branch also couldn't use many of the
same things that the regular one could and was updated differently,
etc.

These days there's just wordpress and you can set it up with multiple
sites, etc. So, any common install with multiple sites is likely a lot
easier than it was then.

> > > Can we do everything we're doing on fedoramagazine.org that way?
> > > Not that we _have_ to do them both the same, but it kind of makes
> > > sense to consolidate.
> > You mean have fedoramagazine.org and a fedoracouncil.org blogs in
> > the same openshift instance? I think so, but I have not tried it.
>
> Well, what I meant was having both of those on wordpress.com, with the
> functionality Ryan needs for the theme and workflow stuff he's doing
> for the magazine.

If we can do that, I think that might be ideal, as then wordpress.com
will be on the hook to keep up with security updates and other stuff
that content folks don't want to have to deal with.

kevin