fudcon bid process

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Wed Mar 11 15:07:22 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Hi Matthew et all,

You may be right! :)

That's why I have tried to hunt you many times to remind you take a look
at APAC FUDCon 2015 bids and make the final decision (after regional
community and FAmSCo did review them)
That's also the same reason why I tried to push Robyn for FUDCon APAC 2014
although, in fact, it was approved less than 3 months before start date.
That may be one of the reasons why FUDCon APAC 2013 could not happen (no
one had been willing to step up to push all others for it)

> This is a great example of one of the reasons we created the Council in
> the first place, and I'd like to suggest that we update this page to
> replace FPL with the Council, and specifically make this a
> responsibility of the Community Action and Impact Coordinator.

So, you are absolutely right. We need someone to take this responsibity.

> I don't know the exact the right mix between putting this entirely on
> that person (shoving Remy under the bus?) and making it a
> collective/shared Council responsibility; thoughts on that? The part in
> the end about "decision process" is also somewhat unclear — I'm pretty
> sure I know what it means to say, but it's left as assumed that we know
> who that means... maybe we can clear that up, especially with the basic
> plan of having the Council have more responsibility for the budget.

He/she/they could be you (as now), or CAIC or Council, but I personally
prefer that could be a team to avoid the single of failure situation.
Also, how about the upcoming FOSCO? Can they play a role here?

Rgds,
Tuan