Starting point for package list for Fedora 7 Desktop spin

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 14:57:50 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 09:06, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Brainstorming certainly brings out some silliness alright. (:
>
> Your idea of coming up with a common/standard "Desktop" set (or whatever we
> want to call it) is a good one, for which any Desktop spin can build from.

Well, I think we'd want it a bit lower in the stack.  A common base and core,
DE agnostic stuff for the most part.  But yeah.

> Speaking of CD size, do you have a target size in mind (yet) for the
> Desktop spin?

I was hoping to land no more than 3CDs.  oo.org+translations is like 1.5 CDs
itself.  But we can be overly large/small for Test1 and adjust from there.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora