How do we change fonts now

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 07:40:25 UTC 2011

On 02/28/2011 08:34 AM, Jason D. Clinton wrote:

> I must say I'm weary and flabbergasted that I am once again
> facilitating communication between Red Hat employees. Please refer to
> the names in the linked design document. Maybe you guys could even
> reserve a conference room, resort to fisticuffs and let the rest of us
> know how it all turned out.
>
> I'm just an increasingly weary volunteer on the GNOME Marketing
> Team... don't shoot the messenger.

You are painting this problem as merely a internal communication issue
within one organization while seemingly overlooking the fact that it is
a large organization and not everyone is sitting in the same office or
part of the same team.  However the problem is much larger and affects
GNOME on the whole.  There is a lack of communication from GNOME towards
users and the broader community on the rationale behind some of the
changes (regardless of whether this change originates from Red Hat
developers or not) and that can be solved by documenting the expected
workflow.  This would help some of the more seasoned users (Adam here
for instance) gather the information and convey that to other end
users.  If users are expected to hang out in the right IRC channels,
then we definitely have problems (timezone differences make it
impossible or atleast inconvenient for a lot of people).  KDE 4 launch
already has shown us what could go wrong.  If I was part of GNOME
marketing, I would put all my energy into avoiding a repeat.

Rahul