The vision for the Fedora Workstation

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Wed Feb 12 14:50:04 UTC 2014

> There was no fallout at all here. Different projects have different
> schedules. The problem was discovered in an early development build
> (not
> even beta), it was communicated (I talked about it in my announcement
> of
> 3.11.5), and solved.

But this was backported to both gnome-3-8 and gnome-3-10, which was
approved because nobody realized it required unreleased API. If I
understand correctly you currently need unreleased NetworkManager to
build the 3.8(!) branch of g-c-c?

(But I agree this has nothing to do with the dangers of not working
upstream; rather with the dangers of shipping unreleased software....)