SELinux in Fedora Workstation

alex diavatis alexis.diavatis at gmail.com
Thu May 8 22:05:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM, Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> Non of the reasons you specified are good reasons to disable SELinux.
> Critical bugs can happen in any software, if you fear them you should
> probably remove all software and go back to pen and paper...
> Although pens can leak and make the page you was writing unreadable, so
> you should probably stop using pens too!
>
> Do you see where I'm going with that?

Yes I do, and I have to add that an unreadable page, is what you said.
Unreadable. Literally. None's reading it.

> Anyway, I think that even some of the people (I assume most of them don't)
> who work on the workstation want to disable SELinux,
> I don't think the Base WG or FESCO would be happy with that. At all.
>
> The SELinux UX can be improved, but it's not a reason to remove it
> completely.

I never said to remove it, you can add it optionally on Anaconda. Disk
encryption is probably more important than SELinux,
but it is still an option.

Actually I never proposed anything here, I'm just pointing out something I
think it might be a problem.
Since I learned how to use SELinux, I am okay with Fedora and it isn't even
concerns me.

- alex