Wallpaper Cleanup

Allan Day allanpday at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 16:40:54 UTC 2015

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for getting this started - it's great to see.

Ryan Lerch <rlerch at redhat.com> wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/WallpapersCleanup
>
> Basically, the proposal is to clean out the wallpapers that we currently
> present to the user, and just show:

Actually, I think that it would be advantageous to be a bit bolder.
What I would love to see is wallpapers that:

 * Have a consistent look and feel, both within the set, and across releases.
 * Are of consistently high-quality.
 * Promote the Fedora Workstation brand identity, with each image (or
the set of images) communicating key ideas we want to be associated
with.
 * Are a coherent and consistent part of the Workstation user experience.

As a part of this, the wallpapers would probably have to be be managed
as a single set (meaning - no pooling of images from different
sources/projects). Do you think it would be possible/desirable to
re-evaluate how Fedora wallpapers are managed, around a set of goals
such as these?

Allan