frustrated with the state of linux accessibility

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 11:34:49 UTC 2015

Hey,

As Zbyszek commented, your best bet is to file bugs (preferably upstream)
against those applications which break accessibility.

We also have a number of changes planned to various parts of GNOME to make
it easier to start a screen reader during installation, or on existing
installations.

We've already made great strides in GNOME 3, where enabling accessibility features
doesn't require restarting applications or the desktop. That makes it easier
for users to use, and developers to test applications.

In short, file bugs. For GNOME at least, they will be fixed.

Cheers