F24 System Wide Change: Server Drop i686

Jan Kurik jkurik at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 15:48:18 UTC 2015

= Proposed System Wide Change: Server Drop i686 =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Server_Drop_i686

Change owner(s): Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh AT fedoraproject DOT org>

Drop i686 install media for Fedora Server Edition

== Detailed Description ==
The Fedora Server SIG has determined that we no longer feel that i686
install media is critical to our success. Since delivering and
maintaining each install medium requires significant effort, the
Server SIG has decided to stop shipping i686 media. This includes both
the Server Install DVD and the Server Network Install ISO.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Coordination with other groups
* Other developers: Websites will need to be updated to remove
references to i686 for Server Edition.
* Release engineering: Update compose process to remove i686 Fedora
Server builds.
* Policies and guidelines: N/A
* Trademark approval: N/A

--