dependency tool for RedHat

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Thu Aug 7 22:43:39 UTC 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:26:40AM +0200, Arnaud Abelard wrote:

> I have to admin from what i read on YUM's site, it indeed looks better
> than apt. Not only client side, but setting a YUM repository seems really
> simple. What's missing: more advertising of YUM, to get more repositories.

See my recent postings on the yum mailing list.  Apt currently
has some features yum is missing (like downgrading in controlled
circumstances, scripting) which are for me mandatory for enterprise
use.

I like yum because it's (much) smaller, Python (thus easier to
understand extend yourself - if you need to), but for now I
have to stick to apt.  In the meantime I try to join the discussions
on the yum list and see if I can help making it also for me a viable
alternative to apt.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>