systemd or why will user fall away from fedora?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Aug 25 16:06:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:20:52PM +0200, Christof Damian wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 23:06, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Till Maas wrote:
> >> If they like a faster bootup, then yes, they will. And I as a
> >> workstation user like it.
> >>

> > [citation needed]
> >
> > I asked for this and was told by developers they were reluctant to post
> > the data.
>
> I also wonder who these people are who boot their computers so often
> that boot-up speed makes any difference over a whole day.

I reboot virtual machines all the time, certainly 100 times a day
would not be unusual on a work day.

Not an argument for or against systemd BTW, just an observation that
how you use your computer is not how others use their computers.  You
need to measure these things scientifically, not base it on your own
personal experience.

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html