drop default MTA for Fedora 15

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Aug 26 11:11:26 UTC 2010

Matthew Miller, Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:09:52 -0400:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 08:58:50AM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>> Why are you complaining? If your package needs an MTA - put in a
>> Requires!
>
> If we follow the general state of things: "if a package might need
> something, toss it in as a requires!", this will totally defeat the
> purpose of the comps change, since it will get pulled in by something
> important at some point. Rsyslog, for example, can send output via
> e-mail.

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam ...

I really feel like Cato the Elder when I would like to point out that
this is yet another example of our brain-damaged reliance on comps
instead of having proper Suggests/Recommends.

Matěj

This is a signature anti-virus.
Please stop the spread of signature viruses!