[Guidelines Change] Changes to the Packaging Guidelines

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:19:24 UTC 2010

2010/12/10 Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>:
> [...]
> the problem is just the dependencies added by executable %doc files,
> then rpmbuild can be taught to not scan the %doc files for generating
> dependencies.

That seems by far the cleanest solution to me. Especially
development-oriented packages often contain example directories;
removing x-bits there only puts extra-burden on someone trying to play
with the examples.

On a related note, rpmlint also warns (don't know if we have a
corresponding guideline) about empty files, even when in %doc, but in
some cases these might indeed be wanted.

Thomas

--
Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny at gmail.com>