Adding packages to buildroot directly from updates-testing

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Dec 16 16:03:30 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com> said:
> Note that I am not saying things should go into buildroot as soon as
> they are built, but as soon as they are in updates-testing. There is a
> difference. There will still be reasons to use tags/overrides.

That makes the push process much more fragile/difficult.  If you use a
updates-testing build of package A, and package B (that depends on
package A) gets rebuilt, then you may have a package B that can't be
pushed to stable until package A gets pushed.  What if there's a
security update on package B that needs to go to stable ASAP?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>