Broken dependencies: rt3

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 14:32:30 UTC 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:24:56 +0100, Ralf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am mail bombed with mails complaining about broken deps originating
> from those EPEL6-versions of packages I maintain in Fedora.
>
> * I am not these packages' maintainer (I maintain them in Fedora, but do
> not maintain them in EPEL) - Stop this silly mail-bombardment!
>
> * The broken deps these mails are complaining about must have been
> present in EPEL for a long time, because none of these packages has been
> rebuilt recently.
>
> * Please add a human mail contact (reply-to) to these broken mails such
> that people being subject to this kind of bombardment have a chance to
> get some human's reaction. At least all of my attempts to contact those
> individuals on PM of whom I presume to be responsible remained unanswered.
>
> Please understand that this current practice doesn't leave me an
> alternative to filter these mails as "spam".

This is due to a flaw in the Fedora PKGNAME-owner aliases and using them
also for EPEL. There are no separate aliases for EPEL package ownership.

In pkgdb one can see that there is a different owner for the EPEL package:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/rt3

The person has been active in koji a day ago.