[packager interface suggestion] Adding packages to buildroot directly from updates-testing

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Tue Dec 21 00:03:07 UTC 2010

mån 2010-12-20 klockan 14:42 -0800 skrev Jesse Keating:

> Perhaps you don't understand how the buildsystem works.  The build
> system does not use our external "Updates" or "updates-testing"
> repositories.  It doesn't use multiple repositories either.  It uses an
> internal repository that is the "latest" version of each package that is
> tagged in the inheritance tree for 'dist-f14-build' for example.

I did not know that no. Or rather forgot that detail.

I assume the reasons for the specific build repository are:

* overrides
* speed up dependency resolution

any other reasons?

> There is nowhere for yum to "fall back" to within koji.

Can be fixed to also have dist-f14-updates-testing available, queried
when needed only as described earlier. Do not need to be a full
repository, just the ones tagged for dist-f14-updates-testing

Regards
Henrik