[packager interface suggestion] Adding packages to buildroot directly from updates-testing

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Dec 21 16:15:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 22:57 +0100, Henrik Nordström wrote:

> * implemented by "only" a change in yum dependency resolution to use
> fallback repositories (i.e. updates-testing).

I don't think that would be a good change, as it's changing the generic
functionality of a tool for one specific use case: our build system.

it would seem to make more sense, to me, to configure bodhi to re-try
the build, with updates-testing repo enabled, if a buildrequires for a
build that's been submitted to updates-testing cannot be satisfied in
the initial run. i.e., implement the use of the fallback repo in bodhi,
not in yum.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey