No Frozen Rawhide coming soon! New paths on mirrors!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Feb 9 16:56:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 16:33:54 -0600,
  Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net> wrote:

> Do the maintainers multitask that much to work on updates for official
> releases, develop a new release, and start work on the next release?

Yes. I don't know how much, but the idea is that rawhide will continue
to get radicial development, while the next release will more conservative
updates, similar to updates for a stable release.

> >From just a user/tester perspective, seems a bit much and too many paths
> to follow and keep up with.  But hey, if you devel guys/maintainers are
> all bout it, whom I to judge? haha.

I think the idea is that normal testing would follow the development release
and not rawhide. Unless you were particular interested in some feature
being developed for the next after release.