Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Feb 18 03:44:30 UTC 2010

> The question is, wouldn't it have been possible to, yes, branch early so
> Rawhide could move on (as we did), but have builds from F-13 land directly
> in dist-f13 until the Beta Freeze (as was done in the past and worked quite
> well)?

While it would have been possible, it would have been counter-productive
to our effort to keep the branched tree stable.  History has shown that
developers don't always make the best decisions and ruin the party for
everybody.  Now we're providing a public sandbox to test things before
they hit the tree.

> > As I said in other mails, if you're seeing a long lag in tag
> > requests, we can try to grow the list of folks with tag rights to cover
> > other time zones.
>
> I think that'd be a good idea. My tag requests for buildroot overrides
> usually only get processed when rdieter is up, even if I file them in the
> rel-eng Trac. ;-)

You're in Austria right?  Rex wakes up before I do, which is why he's
hitting them before me.  Finding somebody on the other side of the pond
who's interested in doing releng work would help.

Other options are to have dist-f13-build feed directly from
dist-f13-updates-candidate.  There is some risk there though, of things
being built against other things but not pushed together.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!