Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Feb 27 06:12:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 22:50 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> * A notification mechanism for people who have a package installed
>   that has known bugs.  The notification mechanism should "pleasantly
>   coerce" the user to test

this is a *terrible* idea. We may see users as a 'resource', but they
don't see themselves this way. We should not interrupt their usage of
their computer to try and exploit them to our ends.

hell, I originally quit using Windows and picked up Linux because I
couldn't figure out how to stop it bugging me for its own purposes every
five minutes.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey