Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Feb 27 11:41:51 UTC 2010

Chris Adams wrote:
> IMHO you're developing the wrong distro.  It is statements like yours
> that contribute to the "Fedora is a rolling beta" perception (and I
> don't think that's a good perception to have).  If you want to target
> rawhide with rolling releases of KDE, have fun.  Once a release is out
> the door, try not to just throw a new kitchen sink in for the hell of
> it.

Some people actually LIKE rolling releases, indeed some distros use
completely rolling releases (e.g. Arch Linux). We are currently somewhere
inbetween (partly release-based, partly rolling), and IMHO this compromise
is working great. We get the advantages from a rolling release model, but
with a lot less surprise breakage as in a true rolling model because
disruptive changes like libata go only into new releases.

        Kevin Kofler