What happened to this sssd update?

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu May 27 10:46:41 UTC 2010

On 05/26/2010 05:03 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/sssd-1.2.0-12.fc13
>
> Appears to be in limbo.

>    sgallagh - 2010-05-07 21:51:09
> This update has been submitted for testing.
> bodhi - 2010-05-08 16:09:51
> This update has been pushed to testing
> sgallagh - 2010-05-18 18:34:06
> This update has been submitted for testing.
> bodhi - 2010-05-19 19:15:03
> This update has been pushed to testing
>
> I don't see it in
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/13/i386

What happened is this: Before releasing SSSD 1.2.0 (our newest stable
upstream release), we had two "release candidates" 1.1.91 and 1.1.92. I
put these in updates-testing so as to get them looked at for regressions
before releasing 1.2.0. There was never any expectation that they would
be pushed to stable before 1.2.0.

So what you were seeing in that history was the updates-testing push for
each of the candidates, and then finally the upstream stable release.

I don't think this was out of line, since these update edits were about
making minor changes to the package to drive it closer to being stable.

On the other hand, I do wonder why it's not currently in
updates-testing, since I'm certain I clicked "push to testing" on the
24th, but it's still marked as "Pending". Trying again.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Delivering value year after year.