SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sun Jun 12 22:00:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 23:23 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> I DO NOT NEED SYSTEMD ON 20 SERVERS HERE BECAUSE THEY ARE STARTING
> FAST ENOUGH AND I NEED NO MAGIC WHICH THINKS KNOWS WHAT TO START
> IN WHICH ORDER SINCE I KNOW WHAT IS RUNNING ON MY SYSTEMS

Why run Fedora itself on 20 servers?  Those are mission capable and in a
production environment?  Might be free, but not sure I would run all
those on this type environment.  A slower and more stable platform that
is free might be better.

That's beside the point, why are you not testing upgrades and working
out the issues yourself before even trying, in a test environment?
Actually, if they need no magic and are fast enough, why upgrade at all
right now and wait until everything is worked out?

Not telling you what to do, just bringing up different
points/suggestions.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY