What's this /run directory doing on my system and where does it come from?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:08:49 UTC 2011

On 03/30/2011 11:19 PM, Adam Miller wrote:

> So we should disband FESCo and just let everyone commit whatever changes
> they want without oversight or community inclusion and just hope it builds
> and runs in the end?

Yes,  I am sure that is the best course of action.  Can you cut out the
needless rhetoric in response and focus on a sensible discussion?
FESCo has a role to play but to what extend it should manage changes is
still a open question.  If the impact is big, I can very well understand
the need for it but this isn't a material change.  Doesn't really affect
applications because of the bind mounting.  I would like to hear from
you a good explanation on why FESCo should manage this change.

Rahul