OFED 1.6 InfiniBand packages in Fedora 16?

Albert Strasheim fullung at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:43:38 UTC 2011

Hello

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com> wrote:
> I just need some time to get updates in.  However, that being said, I
> totally ignore OFED.  I pull packages from upstream and I do *not* get
> anything from OFED.  They shipped a custom hacked, incompatible
> libibverbs for over 2 years before their custom hacks were reviewed and
> then modified and then accepted upstream.  That ended my relationship
> with their offerings.

Understood.

One question: what do you consider upstream for librdmacm?

Upstream libibverbs is at:

http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/verbs/
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/infiniband/libibverbs.git

and OFED libibverbs is at:

http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/libibverbs/
git://git.openfabrics.org/ofed_1_5/libibverbs.git

Similiarly, there is a mlx4 (upstream) and libmlx4 (OFED) at
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads.

However, for librdmacm I only see:

http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/rdmacm/

and I can't find a git repository.