Heads Up: FESCo is considering to block packages providing sysvinit services without systemd unit

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:35:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Tomas Mraz <tmraz at redhat.com> wrote:
> Eventual blocking of the packages that violate this Fedora packaging
> rule was not yet definitively decided upon, but we agreed that the
> Fedora package maintainers should be warned that such blocking might
> happen before the Fedora 17 Alpha release.

Two questions,

1) Do we have an accurate list of the packages in this category. And
more importantly how many of these have closed CLAs in the packaging
trees  which would prevent me as a good Samaritan from digging in and
committing a service file into the rawhide branch. The closed CLA
situations are going to be the touchiest, so lets not get blindsided
by those in the 11th hour.

2) And it would be very good if there was a clearly stated mandate
from FESCO that gave proven-packagers expressed authority to deal with
this on a case by case basis once this becomes a ticking clock
situation.

-jef