Firefox on Fedora: No longer funny

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 9 11:28:33 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, den 09.10.2011, 12:58 +0200 schrieb drago01:
> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, den 09.10.2011, 11:34 +0200 schrieb drago01:
> >>
> >> Which extensions are you talking about? The ones I use never caused an
> >> such issues.
> >
> > For example mozilla-adblockplus or chatzilla, also German language packs
> > or dictionaries.
>
> The later works for me No idea about chatzilla. Adblock plus (the
> upstream version) works for me.

I am talking of our packages, except for the dictionary. It's not
packaged and required a manual update for FF 5. Chatzilla standalone was
broken (at least) by FF 6 and 7. Our mozilla-adblockplus package was
broken twice and I updated it.

> >> They are already there.
> >
> > Indeed, they are there, but stopped working at some point. At least for
> > me.
>
> Sounds like some kind of bug you implied that they where removed "no
> language pack provided" and  "bring them back" which isn't the case.
> So file a bug please.

Indeed, because it stopped working with FF4 without me having changed
anything, I incorrectly assumed they were removed. I just looked at the
package contents after somebody replied that the language packs still
work fine for him.

But where should I file a bug? I doubt that Mozilla upstream feels
responsible for problems with our packages and I don't think that our FF
maintainers will troubleshoot a problem that started with Firefox 4
either.

> That just reminds me while packing firefox extensions is not a good idea.

How else would you install an extension globally for all users?

Regards,
Christoph