[ACTION REQUIRED v4] Retiring packages for F-18

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 00:13:18 UTC 2012

Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> writes:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 18:24:52 -0400,
>    Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Updated with new list of packages that have failed to build.

>> Package stratagus (fails to build)

> statagus is currently FTBFS because it isn't using the newer libpng API.
> Assuming that's all that's wrong with it, I'll be able to fix this soon.

FWIW, quite a few of the packages in Bill's FTBFS list have dependencies
on libpng-compat, which makes me suspicious that the libpng API changes
might be the reason (or one reason) why they FTBFS.  I've spent this
afternoon preparing patches for the remaining old-libpng dependencies
that are *not* on that list.  I'm willing to help out with libpng issues
in these too, assuming that their maintainers care about keeping them
alive.

I'm still hoping to kill libpng-compat (and libtiff-compat) before we
branch F18.

			regards, tom lane