*countable infinities only

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Jun 1 20:10:14 UTC 2012

On 06/01/2012 03:56 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> Drive manufacturers need to do nothing.
>>
>> One drive probably SSD at this point, gets dedicated to OS.  Other drive to everything else.
>>
>> The read-write controllable interfaces already exist as I pointed out and are in use by forensic firms.
> And how many consumer OEMs ship them?
>
> -J

Any Chinese fab would be able to produce any quantity needed within weeks to any number of OEM's.

>> There are plenty of buttons/keys on machines right now that can be used to toggle this interface.
>>
>> It's 100% doable today with existing hardware.

The whole point is that is that I provided just one example of an equally effective solution to SecureBoot that has much
less impact on both Microsoft and Linux.   The entire x86 industry is going to become a mess if SecureBoot is
implemented.  It'll be signature-HELL and a lot more.

This whole SecureBoot runaway train needs to have the brakes slammed on.

Gerry