replacing rsyslogd in minimal with journald [was Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes]

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 9 17:47:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 07:27:19PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> That all said, the color and autopaging is disabled automatically if you
> pipe the tools to something that is not a tty. You can also enable this
> via command line args, and env vars. This is similar to man or git. If

As long as it does the right thing in the non-tty case, it's not such a big
deal. But in the current version, it _doesn't_ do the right thing. It's good
that you've fixed the upcoming release, but didn't we also go through this
exact same thing with systemctl output?

Searching through output is a _primary activity_ of the consumers of both of
these utilities!