[Feature Suggestion] UsrMove continued

Ben Rosser rosser.bjr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:50:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> I cannot agree enough. Just b/c we've blundered down a bad route doesn't
> mean you cannot turn back.
>
> Instead of chiseling our way back, let's just revert and go.
>
> Not every decision a distribution makes is a good one, lets not get caught
> up believing that we cannot make mistakes.
>
> UsrMove was a mistake. End of discussion. Let's go back.

However, whether you believe this or not, UsrMove was at least an attempt
to solve an actual potential problem- perceived redundancy in /bin and /lib
and /usr/bin and /usr/lib.

I still don't see what problem this proposal would solve. To me it feels
like a solution without a problem solely for the sake of tidiness in /.

Ben