f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID)

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:17:02 UTC 2012

On 10/17/2012 10:55 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Was the old one really better, or were you just used to it? Comparing
> the first time you use the new dialog to the 50th time you used the old
> one is an entirely unfair comparison. You have to compare the first time
> you use the new dialog to the first time you used the old one. *Any* new
> design will seem more difficult than the old one, at first, to someone
> who was familiar with the old one.

Just my opinion, but I believe that a lot of the confusion is caused by
the lack of a clear statement that LVM, RAID, etc., are *supposed* to
work.

We are at the beta test compose stage, which most people interpret to
mean something close to feature complete.  Combine this with the fact
there's no indication in the UI (that I could discern) of support for
existing RAID arrays or LVM VGs, and I don't believe it's at all
unreasonable to wonder if this functionality is simply being removed.