How do *you* use Fedora?

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 03:12:04 UTC 2013

On 2 Apr 2013 20:48, "Pete Travis" <lists at petetravis.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The docs team has begun assembling release notes for Fedora 19, and I've
been thinking over hardware requirements.

> Historically, we have cited the CPU, storage, and especially memory
requirements for the default installation - a basic GNOME desktop.  I'd
like to reexamine that practice, with input from the development community.
Fedora is too versatile a product to document so narrowly.

One important spec that should be listed regardless of the use case is the
minimum requirements for the installer. Not necessarily a big issue with
live disks but I remember a time when KDE (once installed) would do quite
well enough on 512MB of ram but the DVD install would fail with less than
1GB.