Self Introduction and koan de-orphaning

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Dec 16 20:48:15 UTC 2013

On 12/16/2013 12:22 PM, Stephen Herr wrote:
> On 12/13/2013 03:19 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> On 12/13/2013 12:49 PM, Stephen Herr wrote:
>>> Hi everyone, I'm Stephen Herr (sherr).
>>>
>>> I noticed that the koan package is orphaned in Fedora and that it has one or
>>> two fairly important bugs. I'm a developer on the Satellite / Spacewalk
>>> projects and I've been packaging / maintaining koan for over a year with them,
>>> so I figured I could contribute back to the OS I've used for so long by
>>> picking them up. Looking forward to contributing to Fedora's greatness!
>>>
>>> -Stephen
>>
>> I guess I don't quite understand - koan is a sub-package of cobbler. Is it
>> getting split back out?  Or are you going to be helping to maintain the koan
>> part of cobbler?
>>

> I was operating under a misunderstanding. Bugzilla is currently marking koan
> bugs as owned by the orphan owner. You are correct that koan was merged into
> cobbler. I thought that since the bugs were marked as owned by the orphan
> owner and koan is marked as orphaned in the package database that somehow the
> koan rpm was orphaned even though the cobbler package is not (usage of "rpm"
> and "package" very intentional).
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&classification=Fedora&component=koan&list_id=2014071&product=Fedora&query_format=advanced
>

> I think what needs to happen is that the cobbler package maintainer needs to
> be marked as the default bug owner for koan bugs in bugzilla, and any existing
> koan bugs be re-assigned. Anyone know who I have to talk to about doing that?
>
> -Stephen

I've reset the koan bugs to be cobbler bugs:

bugzilla modify -c cobbler --reset-assignee --comment='koan is a sub-package
of cobbler' 963962 977070 1021047 824476 868050  788890  540998

I believe Dennis Gilmore is our bugzilla person - perhaps it would be possible
to remove the koan component at this point.  Not sure.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com