Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Wed Jan 30 18:13:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov
<akurtako at redhat.com> wrote:
> Regarding "Cinnamon as Default Desktop" - how many active contributors do really take care of Cinnamon packaging? I don't think that anything that has less than 3-4 can even be considered. Last time I checked the only options that were satisfying such requirement were KDE and Gnome. I would be happy to be proven wrong and we gained 10+ contributors for all the various desktops we ship.
> Quantity really matters in this case.

Quantity doesn't tell the whole story.

There are projects that handle every bug report, and publish about
bi-weekly bug fix updates in Fedora. There are also projects in which
some members are quite public about never looking at the Fedora
bugzilla mail.

(From a quick look, and taking into the different number of current
users and existing history, it's unclear whether there is a noticeable
difference between Cinnamon and GNOME 3 with respect to Fedora-focused
maintenance manpower of the relevant packages.)
    Mirek