F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 20:50:11 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 08:41 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> HI
>

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>     On 07/17/2013 08:23 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>

>         Are you suggesting we somehow need to patch all of these to
>         use the journal
>         instead of their own ad-hoc log file? Because that is
>         Definitely Out of
>         Scope for this proposal.
>
>     No that's not what I'm proposing.
>

> Then using yum provides to determine the count as about 597 is wrong.

Cut that number by half if you like if it somehow makes you feel more
comfortable but the fact we have around 550 - 600 service/daemons
components in the distribution and still no policy or work being done to
properly package stuff that need/wants or uses
rsyslog/syslog-ng/logwatch/logrotate/logchec etc...

If you really dont understand the need for us to clean things as we
introduce new features that's not something I can help you with.

It's fesco duty to do the necessary research into the actual scope of
this feature and let's just give them time to do that and reach conclusion.

JBG