debuginfo package

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 15:01:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:59:15 +0200, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Interesting .. that explains a bug in OCaml builds too:

In fact this bug is very common across packages, there was an attempt to check
all the debuginfos and possibly file Bugs but it has never been finished:
	Bugs in debuginfo packages
	https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-February/149022.html

I sometimes file a Bug for this or that debuginfo deficiency I see but sure
that does not scale.

> BTW, `eu-readelf -w /usr/bin/virt-resize' didn't show anything
> suspicious.

This will print you only .eh_frame which is present in the main binary.
.eh_frame contains no source files information.
.debug_line is present only in the separate .debug file:
	eu-readelf -w /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/virt-resize.debug

For eu-readelf the interesting part (readelf -wl equivalent) is: -wline
eu-readelf AFAIK does not have readelf -wL equivalent (decoded line info).

Regards,
Jan