bugzilla.redhat.com vs upstream bug trackers

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 13:10:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 13:02:04 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> > Aha! Should the package maintainers play the middle man in the
> > gazillion upstream bug tracker accounts? This sounds neither very
> > thoughtful nor quite efficient.
> >

> It's your responsibility as an maintainer in the distribution to be in
> contact with upstream, subscribed to their mailing lists, have an
> account in their upstream tracker and participate in their upstream
> community so yes that comes with the territory of being a responsible
> maintainer in the distribution...

Let's not argue about it again and again, please. What works well for some
packages and some software projects, isn't always feasible.

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_responsibilities#Work_with_upstream

Oh, and btw, we need more (co-)maintainers for packages.

--
Michael Schwendt
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.5-301.fc19.x86_64