Firefox in Rawhide is out of date

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 15:12:34 UTC 2013

Hi Martin,

Definitely not a rpm bug. rpm's version comparison semantics are well
defined and 4.10.0 is strictly higher than 4.10.

I would say one of the 3 things should happen to fix this:

 1) Build the latest nspr release not as version 4.10, but as 4.10.0
    (As I understand it, it's a manually generated tarball from CVS, so
     shouldn't be a problem to change the versioning scheme downstream.)

 2) Build a nspr 4.10 update that changes the version in the .pc file
    to match the rpm version, so that it's also 4.10

 3) Change the nspr dep in xulrunner so that it's not autogenerated,
    and just manually specify the minimum nspr version.

In any case, can you talk to emaldonado (CC-d) and sort this out? We
should try to keep the core set of package in an installable state, and
xulrunner / nspr has been broken for a while now in rawhide.

--
Hope this helps,
Kalev