[emelfm2] remove vendor tag from desktop file. https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/247

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 22:56:32 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 06:06 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> And rest assured, "dropping very old obsoletes" isn't controversial in
> general. That's my opinion. What's controversial is how to do it. It
> ought not be done with just a "clean up spec to follow current
> guidelines" entry. Point at a commit where you've dropped Obsoletes,
> and one could take a look. It would be a good habit to document
> dropped Obsoletes in a %changelog comment, for example.
Agreed but I just get a general feeling that some package maintainers
don't really want others touching their packages.  I haven't stopped
doing the changes ( I don't commit daily but whenever I can run through
a bunch of mock builds first) but I am going to be confining my changes
to more obvious and clear issues and package maintainers can deal with
the rest however they see fit and that would leave less room for
complaints.

Rahul